North Carolina Defense and Economic Development Trade Show
- Defense Trade Show. Over 60 indoor and outdoor exhibitors ranging from large prime contractors to small businesses will display their products and services.
- Cybersecurity Forum:
- Part 1: Developing the Cybersecurity Workforce.
- Industry Challenges, Needs for a Cybersecurity Workforce Landscape. To develop a more resilient and capable infrastructure supporting cybersecurity interests of public and private entities, NC must harden and develop a more coordinated approach to developing a large enough pool of highly-skilled cybersecurity talent to meet the needs of business, industry, and government. The panel will discuss challenges in the workforce system and opportunities to strengthen workforce preparedness programs to address the knowledge, skills and abilities required by organizations to meet employment demands in the labor market.
- Carolina Cyber Network: Goals and Responses. Fayetteville Technical Community College and the Carolina Cyber Center have partnered to establish the Carolina Cyber Network- a structured, comprehensive talent development program designed to address a growing workforce gap and protect the financial and intellectual property of North Carolina’s public agencies and private sector businesses. The session will provide a briefing on the initiative and outline strategies used by the network partners to address the talent needs of the public and private sectors.
- Part 2: Cybersecurity Compliance – A Key to Protecting National Security and Winning Contracts. The Department of Defense has made cybersecurity compliance a top priority for awarding contracts. The new regulations require formal self-assessments and compliance with the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC). The panel will discuss these cybersecurity regulations, how to transition from NIST to CMMC, why compliance is a key discriminator, CMMC assessment tips, and how the NCMBC can help your company protect national security by achieving compliance to DoD cybersecurity regulations.
- North Carolina Installation Contracting Small Business Panel. Installation and agency Small Business Representatives will present and engage in an interactive discussion with businesses about their agencies’ current and future opportunities, contractual challenges, needs, requirements and processes. These experienced government contracting leaders will share their perspectives and provide advice on doing business with the government.
- Special Operations Command Contracting and Opportunities Small Business Panel Small Business Representatives from the Special Operations community will present and engage in an interactive discussion with businesses about their agencies’ current and future opportunities, contractual challenges, needs, requirements and processes. These experienced government contracting leaders will share their perspectives and provide advice on doing business with the government.